Niroga Yoga Studio
1808 University Avenue
Berkeley CA 94703
Contacts & Directions
Niroga Yoga Studio is operated
by the Niroga Institute
Welcome to the Niroga Yoga Studio!
Niroga Yoga Studio (formerly 'Niroga Center') is operated by Niroga Institute, a non-profit organization which brings yoga to at-risk youth and underserved populations. Learn more about our outreach programs at www.niroga.org
Before you arrive for class:
- No pre-registration is required for yoga classes. Classes are offered on a drop in basis unless otherwise advertised.
- Please arrive to class 10-15 minutes early to allow time to sign in and set up your practice space.
- Refrain from eating a large meal before taking a yoga class.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows for full range of motion.
- We provide mats, blocks, straps, bolsters, and blankets; however, bringing your own yoga mat is encouraged.
- Please remember to silence your electronic devices upon entering the Center.
- Out of respect for people with environmental illness and related health conditions, please do not wear any fragranced products at the Niroga Center.
- Please remove your shoes upon entering the Niroga Center. Yoga classes are done barefoot; however, accommodations can be made for those with specific conditions that require socks or shoes.
- We have one changing room and one bathroom available for your use before and after class.
- The Niroga Center is wheelchair accessible.
Ahimsa is a Sanskrit word meaning non-violence or non-harmfulness. Approach your yoga practice with the spirit of ahimsa by listening closely to your body and mind. Yoga is also non-competitive and encourages you to let go of all judgments of yourself and others.
Which yoga class is right for me?
If you have any questions about which classes are right for you please call the Center at 510-704-1330 or email us at email@example.com.
Private Lessons and Consultations:
Find out about the variety of therapeutic services provided by Niroga Center's Holistic Health Practitioners.